If you find yourself traveling in coach class, pay particular attention to your bag's weight. Each airline has different restriction policies to what they will allow. The maximum size is usually 45" which means that your bag could be 22" x 14" x 9". and with a maximum weight of 11 pounds on international flights.
- Inquire about your flight; different airplanes can have different limits. Do not assume that the flight has unlimited closet space for garment bags. Most have to be checked in.
- To ensure bin space for your carry-on board the moment your row is called. Better yet, get in line about a minute before last boarding call.
- Unless you prefer the open space in front of your legs, avoid the bulkhead row. It offers less storage space since there is no seat in front of you.
- If it does not bother you to be the last one out ask for a seat towards the rear. This which will allow you to board earlier, when more overhead bins are empty.
- Do not pack anything in a carry-on bag that could be considered a weapon. This includes mace, scissors, knives.
Noel Moitre writes about world travel for http://aglobalworld.com. A Global World bridges cross-cultural and world communications between global companies and their worldwide customers. The blog: Holidays-Around-the-World.com describes when, where and how world holidays are celebrated.
Before you purchase calendars with only USA holidays, buy a World Calendar at http://aglobalworld.com with all holidays.
Free information at the website includes: international dialing codes, conversion charts, FREE calendar screensavers, and international travel information for world travelers.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Noel_Moitre